Early Bird Premier Cup Series - Feb 12th - May 28 - 2022
Early Bird Shootout Feb 12th @ 7:30 AM = 1st place 10 points, 2nd place 8 points, 3rd place 6, 4th place 4, 5th place 2 points. Bonus Points for the Shootout will be added after the Early Bird 500 race.
Early Bird 500 Feb 19th @ 9AM with practice starting @ 7:30AM
The highest finishing Championship 6 driver will receive a trophy and crowned the 2021 Early Bird Cup champion.
General Race Options/Rules
Early Bird Cup series with Chase
Yellow Flags On, Double File Restarts
One fast repair
Lucky Dogs On (controlled by iRacing)
One Green /White /Checkered
Start/Restart on green only
Leader has Lane Choice
Two caution rule
Average Race laps 35 - 150
Average fuel 20% - 100%
Tire sets 2-3
Dynamic Weather iRacing default
Dynamic Track - Auto
Two provisionals allowed for the series
Code of conduct rules will be in force
Deterrence System in force (Limited)*
Pit Stop Rules
If traffic is around you, announce your intention to pit.
Position yourself in the right hand lane for entering & exiting the pits.
Exit the pits on the backstretch during practice and races.
Drivers may not drive through more than two (2) pit boxes prior to and two (2) pit boxes after their respective pit stall.
EARLY BIRD CUP SERIES CHASE
• The Six-Race EBR Cup Series Chase will begin at Richmond on April 23, 2022 and feature 10 drivers and two elimination rounds, with 6 drivers competing in the Championship 6 at Charlotte Raceway.
• A win in the first 8 rugular season races guarantees a driver entry into the Cup Series Chase, provided the driver is in the top 12 in points and has raced 100% of all 8 regular season races. If a driver uses a provisional, the win and in does not apply, Driver must make the chase based on points only. Driver must also race in 6 of the 8 regular season races to qualify for the chase. If needed, bonus points will be given to drivers that win in the regular season, this will ensure that the danlisa scoring system advances the driver to the Contender chase round. These bonus points will be entered after the last race of the regular season before the chase is activated. The bonus points will be removed after the season.
• The first round, called the Contender round of 10, consists of the races at, Richmond, Talladega, and Dover. All chase drivers will start with their points adjusted to 2,000 + 2 points for each win. If a driver wins a race in the Contender Round of 10, the driver automatically advances to the next round (Driver must race all Contender round races to qualify for the win and in).The remaining available positions that have not been filled by wins will be filled by points.
• The Eliminator Round of 8 consists of the races at Martinsville and Charlotte Roval. All chase drivers will start with their points adjusted to 3,000. Drivers who win a race in the Round of 8 automatically advance to the Championship 6 Round (Driver must race both races in the Eliminator Round to qualify for the win and in).The remaining available positions that have not been filled by wins will be filled by points.
• Championship Round at Charlotte Speedway - The highest finishing Championship 6 driver will be crowned the 2021 Early Bird Cup champion. Points do not count, finishing position only.
• Tiebreaker: If any position comes down to a tiebreaker in the Contender or Eliminator rounds , only the races in those Rounds matter. Wins and finishes in the regular season won't, If two drivers have the exact same finishes, the tiebreaker then goes to the driver who scored the best finish in the last race of that round.
• Regular season Ties are broken by most wins, most top 5’s and then by the driver who finished highest in the last race of the season.
• If needed, bonus points will be given to drivers that win in the Contender and Eliminator rounds, this will ensure that the danlisa scoring system will advance the driver with a win. The bonus points will be removed after the season.
• If needed, bonus points will be given to drivers that win in the regular season, this will ensure that the danlisa scoring system will advance the driver to the Contender chase round. These points will be entered after the last race of the regular season. The bonus points will be removed after the season.
Schedule is updated to reflect the 2022 season......
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum